Spend the day exploring the quiet nature and rustic delights of Iceland’s most beautiful valleys, Breiðdalsvik. This remote corner of the island is known not only for its fragile beauty but also for the peacefulness where one can experience pure “silence.”
Led by a local expert guide, you’ll cross unbridged rivers in a modern-day Viking vehicle known as a Super Jeep. On foot, you’ll traverse fertile landscapes to a remarkably beautiful waterfall hidden in nature and encounter ancient grass-roofed farmsteads virtually unchanged since the middle of the last century.
At the end of the journey visit the local Heydalir Church for an introduction to the culture and history of the area.
- Breiðdalur Valley
- Heydalir Church
- Local Culture
- This tour begins with a drive into the Breiðdalur valley. Driving across an old bridge looking down into the crystal clear river in the canyon below is a wonderful experience.
- Next stop is by the beautiful waterfall Beljandi where we have to ride on rough tracks and drive across unbridged rivers to reach the destination.
- From there we go to the waterfall Flögufoss where we hike a short way to get the best view of this beautiful waterfall.
- In Jórvík we visit abandoned farms which give a glimpse into how regular Icelanders used to live in the late 19th to early 20th century. It is also an important geological site that displays delightful flora during summertime.
- At the end of the journey, we visit the local church Heydalir where we immerse our self in the culture and history of the area.
Dates & prices
Meeting point: Tinna Adventure Headquarters, Breiðdalsvík
Pick up available: Hotels and Guesthouses in Breiðdalsvík
Duration: 3-4 hours
Price per person:
Price: ISK 26.400
- Fully guided tour
- See the local church
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
What to bring?
- Warm clothes
- Good hiking shoes
- Reservation is necessary.
- This tour starts in Breiðdalsvík.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advise when you reserve the tour. Please note that additional costs may apply.
- If you are more than 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.