Into the Wild – Hike
Our journey begins with a drive from the town of Egilsstaðir along Lagarfljót (Monster Lake) and through Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstaður.
Before we begin our adventurous hike, we visit the Wilderness Center in peaceful Fljótsdalur Valley. We spend the remainder of the day hiking along magical landscapes with hidden waterfalls and remarkable geology left from the Ice Age.
As a special treat, we stop at Laugarfell where you can relax your tired muscles in the outdoor heated pools which are known by locals to have restorative powers.
- Countless waterfalls
- Stunning nature
Dates & prices
June 20 – September 30
Duration: 9 hour (5-6 hours hike)
Price per person:
Price: ISK 40.000
- Fully guided tour
What to bring?
- Good hiking shoes
- Warm clothes
- Rain gear
- A small backpack
- Drinks, and a packed lunch
- Don‘t forget your swimsuit and towel for the natural pools.
- If you need pick up service to your hotel please advise when you reserve the tour.
- If you need to be picked up outside of Egilsstaðir please advice, an additional charge may apply.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Departure dates may vary depending on weather and road conditions.
- For group offers, private tours or tailor-made options please send us a request.