The Highland Circle – Shore Excursion
Riding through fertile Jökuldalur Glacier Valley, we encounter picture-perfect waterfalls en route to Sænautasel, a restored turf-roof farm that dates back to 1843. Here we stop to enjoy antiques from past times and a light meal in a remote highland area situated by a lake and nestled in heathlands.
We continue our voyage along the deep ravines of Hafrahvammagljúfur to bathe under a hidden gem – a naturally warm geothermal waterfall in Laugarvalladalur Valley. Ideal for taking a bath or a shower in the warm waterfall where the stream runs into the valley’s main river.
We stop at Kárahnjúkar, the biggest power plant in Europe, to take encounter epic views of the canyon below. On the way back we drive towards Fljótsdalur Valley to visit Iceland’s largest forest, Hallormsstaðarskógur with larch, red spruce, native birch, rowan, and willow trees. While there, be on the lookout for the legendary monster of Lake Lagarfljót.
- Wilderness Center
- Laugarvalladalur warm waterfall
- Hafrahvammagljúfur canyon
Dates & prices
June 15 – October 31
Duration: 9-10 hours
Price per person:
Price: ISK 58.300
- Fully guided tour
- Entrance to the Wilderness Center
What to bring?
- Warm clothes
- Good hiking shoes
- Towel and swimmsuites
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- If you are more than 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. An additional cost will apply.