Tröllakrókar Canyon – Winter Adventure
Experience the full adventure of winter travels in the wilderness. We journey towards Tröllakrókar Canyon and the surreal rock formations that are a geological feast for the eyes. On our way, we visit Þrándarjökull Glacier, and Bjarnahýði mountain hut, a favorite stop of local mountaineers. Here you can bask in the massive scale of scenery that is even more spectacular in the frigid air.
- Tröllakrókar Canyon
- Winter Super Jeep ride
- Local guide
- The tour begins with a ride towards the mountains.
- When we arrive at the mountains, that’s when the real winter adventure begins as we ride across snow-covered mountains.
- On our way to the Þrándarjökull glacier, you will visit the Bjarnahýði mountain hut, a favorite pit stop for local mountaineers.
- Afterward, we continue to Tröllakrókar, a spectacular rock formation in a great canyon, where you will experience the most amazing feeling of how small and vulnerable we are.
Dates & prices
February 1st to April 30th
Meeting point: Egilsstaðir Camp Site
Pick up available: Hotels and Guesthouses in Breiðdalsvík and Egilsstaðir
Duration: 10-12 hours
Price per person:
Price: ISK 65.500
- Fully guided tour
- A visit to Bjarnarhýði mountain hut
- Light refreshments
- All taxes and fees
What to bring?
- Warm clothes
- Good hiking shoes
- Reservation is necessary.
- If you need a pick up at another place please advise when you reserve the tour. Please note that additional costs may apply.
- If you are more then 12 adults please contact us for tour bookings.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- This is a wilderness tour and for that sake, the bathroom facilities are very rudimentary.
- Due to the long duration of this tour, it is not recommended for children under the age of 10.
- If you want to buy a lunch pack please advise when you book the tour. Additional costs will apply.