4 Day Tour – Northern Lights Getaway
In this hidden corner of the world far away from all light pollution, the Auroras shine more brightly in the night sky. Step out of the beaten track staying at a hotel in the countryside, only 5 minutes drive away from the small village of Breiðdalsvík.
During the day, hike through untouched nature and incredible geological formations or take an optional reindeer trekking tour with an expert guide. In the evening sneak away to the Finnish-style sauna at Hotel Staðarborg or relax with a good book by the hotel’s cozy fireplace.
On your first night, you will be taken out by our local guide, scouting for northern light. Our guide will take you out with a Super Jeep to find the most picturesque sites with the best chances for northern light sightings and tell you about those magical lights as well as some local myths and legends.
- East Fjords
- Northern ligths search
- Stunning nature
Dates & prices
September – April
Duration: 4 days
Price per person:
Price: ISK 36.500
- 3 nights at Hotel Staðarborg in a Standard Double Room (if you wish to have a single room or travel in a group of eg. 3 please select singles supplement for those looking to stay in a single room)
- Daily buffet breakfast
- Guided Northern Lights Super Jeep Tour
- Complimentary access Sauna and Jacuzzi
- Free parking
- Free Wi-Fi
- Tips on interesting sights during your stay
- Meals other than breakfast are not included
- Amenities other than what is stated above
What to bring?
- Warm clothes
- Good hiking shoes
- Small back pack
- Optional add-on: 3-4 hour Reindeer safari tour in search for wild reindeer along with a local guide.
- The car rental add-on is ideal for those flying in from Reykjavík to Egilsstaðir. The price is based on a Scoda Octavia station wagon or similar car (fit for up-to 5 passengers), picking the car up at midday on day 1 and return it mid-day on day 4. – For different car models or extra days contact us for an offer.
- Due to weather and/or road conditions we might have to alter the itinerary, have longer journey time or cancellation of the tour.
- Child prices apply for children 12 years and younger.